Thursday, June 16, 2011

She who has the most material . . .

Today, I spent most of the day at the VITAS office, helping to sort through all the craft items/ thread / material, etc., which belonged to a patient, C.D.   Sigh.  It reminds me of all the material I have in my "stash" and makes me wonder what my family will say when they have to clean it out after I die.  After sorting through 10 big tubs of craft items / material and taking out what the "Quilting Ladies" can use, there was still a lot of material left.  My rational for keeping some of it, is that I can make vests or wall hangings out of the panels and they can be sold at the Bazaar in October.  Most of the material (that is not going to the "Quilting Ladies") will be donated to the Bazaar Workshop.  But . . . there were a few items that I just had to have:   Sunflower material and a few Christmas prints.  By the time I finished, I felt like C.D. and I were friends.  So stay tuned for photos of Halloween vests and Christmas wall hangings and Christmas ornaments.

I did find a quilt that she had started; it was beautiful.  I left it (and several other items that I thought her family would want) with a note for her daughter in law.  I hope they will have it quilted and finished; it would be quite a keepsake for C.D.'s family.

I also have a new Memory Bear project:  to sew 3 bears out of a cotton blanket with the Footprints poem.  I am not sure how I am going to cut out the bears from it.  I looked at it tonight and am still thinking about how to lay out the pattern pieces.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment