Thursday, August 11, 2011

How many different colors of green felt are there?

My current project is a Christmas tree skirt, from Simplicity 2488.  The tree skirt is a dark green (seemed like a good idea when I purchased the material).  I am now to the part where I have to cut out 4 trees, to be appliqued on the tree skirt.  Good news:  I found some dark green felt in my "stash"  that actually looks good against the dark green material.  Bad news:  I have enough for 3 trees out of one color and 2 trees from another piece of green felt.  No problem . . . I'll just take both pieces of felt to Joann's and get a matching piece.  HA! HA! HA!.  My old "kelly green" is nowhere near the new "kelly green."  Sigh.  So while I am at Joann's, trying to match colors, I buy 2 pieces each of Kelly Green, Apple Green, and Pirate Green.  (What is Pirate Green? I didn't know Pirates had an interest in greens.)  I am determined to get this right on the first trip to Joann's.  I did learn a lesson, when I tried to match navy blue bias binding (from years ago) with current dye lots.  Doesn't work.  Maybe this is a conspiracy to sell more sewing notions?  I'll have to investigate that, just as soon as I finish this Christmas tree skirt.



No comments:

Post a Comment