Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dottie's Oatmeal Cookies

These are the legendary cookies that Dottie Fulbright used to make.  "They are the best!" according to my granddaughters.
Note:  due to my grandson's peanut allergy, I omitted the pecans and added chocolate chips.

Beat until creamy:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar

Add
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Beat well.
Combine and add to butter mixture
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Mix well
Stir in:
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup raisins
1 cup pecans

Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet.  Use parchment paper to make it easy to take cookies off sheet.
Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes.  Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet.  Move to rack to cool.  Store in airtight container.

Note:  When you leave them cooling on the cookie sheet, they continue to cook a little.  When I took them out of the oven, they were not as brown as I thought they should be, but by the time I removed them from cookie sheet, they were golden brown.  So, don't over-cook them in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment